“In Control” article describes Matthews Automation Solutions’ agile and innovative warehouse automation
CINCINNATI, OH (February 18,2021) — Supply Chain World (SCW) magazine recently published a feature story on Matthews Pyramid | Compass.
In interviews with Gary Cash, Senior Vice President and General Manager, and Erica Wine, Product Marketing Specialist, SCW examined the Warehouse Execution Systems (WES) software and controls technologies behind the warehouse automation used by some of the world’s biggest brands.
In the article, Gary Cash discusses the growth of the organization, productive long-term partnerships, growing markets and a new technology announcement.
Some of the warehouse automation topics covered in the article:
- WES keeps the flow of the warehouse in balance and can preemptively address the rightsizing of packages to benefit pack out automation.
- Matthews’ WES software knows how busy every area of a building is at any one moment, anticipates capacity and releases work.
- Matthews announces NEXUS, a new, breakthrough technology in terms of management flow, building optimization and compatibility.
- Algorithms, adaptive analytics and machine learning all play an important part in the newest technology.
- Applying different automation solutions on a case-by-case basis helps reduce lead times.
To read the article in its entirety, please click here.
# # #
ABOUT MATTHEWS AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS
Global brands partner with Matthews Automation Solutions to increase distribution and order fulfillment speed, accuracy and efficiency. Matthews’ broad portfolio of best-of-breed solutions—including leading material handling automation brands Compass, Lightning Pick and Pyramid—offers warehouse execution software, controls, pick-to-light, put walls, order finishing systems, autonomous mobile robots and more. Combined with 25 years of industry experience and proven integration with other material handling systems, Matthews delivers agile and scalable applications throughout the supply chain. Matthews Automation Solutions is a Matthews International company, servicing customers from two North American locations.